🍓 Strawberry & Banana Galette 🍌
A slice of Strawberry & Banana Galette feels like a warm hug on a chilly morning 🍓
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 90g of unsalted, cold butter 🧈
- 2 tbsp of Greek yoghurt
- 3-4 tbsp of cold water
- 1 egg and a splash of milk for egg wash🥚
- 1 small banana 🍌
- handful of strawberry (chopped)🍓
- Kendamil Strawberry & Banana porridge
- 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp of icing sugar
- Use a food processor if you have. Add flour, cut the butter into cubes and put it in the food processor. Blend it until the mixture resembles small peas. Add yoghurt and 3 tbsp of water and mix it together. It should form large clumps.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and use your hands to bring it together into a single mass. Add more water (or flour) if needs.
- Form a ball, wrap it in cling film and refrigerate for 25-30 minutes.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll the dough out into a round shape.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and transfer the dough onto it.
- To make the filling, mix Kendamil porridge with warm milk. I used 5 tbsp of porridge and 150-180ml(ish) milk (not sure about the milk) to get a thick consistency. Smash the banana with a fork and mix it into the porridge.
- Wait until completely cooled down, then add it to the centre of the dough.
- Cut the strawberry lengthwise and arrange the slices in a circle pattern.
- Fold the edges of crust up and over so the circle of the filling is visible.
- Beat the egg with splash of milk and brush on the exposed pastry crust.
- Mix cinnamon and icing sugar and sprinkle some over the galette pie.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 40-50 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned. Let is cool before slicing.
Important Notice: This recipe is only for babies 12 months and older, and should be used as part of a mixed diet. Please talk to your healthcare professional.